Here at the Academy, we want students to be able to search for, and find, courses quickly and easily. It’s important to be consistent with how courses are created and delivered, so the outline below provides a flexible guideline. The outline will guide you through the process for creating a high-traffic course title, awesome benefit-driven content and a simple structure that provides the student with a WHAT, WHY, HOW format.
As an expert in your area, you are 1) introducing your students to a concept and sharing what you know, 2) the reason why the problem may have manifested itself and 3) how the problem can be resolved (things your students can try or change that takes them one step further toward success in resolving their problem).
Each course will be very specific. Only target one concept at a time. This allows your course to be easily digested in a short amount of time. This also gives you an opportunity to create many courses under the same topic that build upon one another. Eventually, these courses can be ‘bundled’ together and offered as bonus content for future teleclasses or webinars or attached to affiliate offers. Individual lessons should not be longer than 10-15 minutes in length. Provide extra documentation or redirects for more information to further their learning experience.
Courses will follow a very simple format:
- Module 1: Introduction / what to expect / course objectives (1-3 lessons)
- Module 2: WHAT your course is about (4-5 lessons)
- Module 3: WHY it is beneficial for your students to take the course, your experiences, and what the latest statistics show (3-5 lessons)
- Module 4: HOW to resolve the problem using natural, holistic approaches either by themselves or in combination with other methodologies. (4-5 lessons)
- Module 5: Recap of the course (2-3 lessons)